Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Unstuffed Cabbage

Unstuffed Cabbage

Ingredients

    1 lb lean ground beef or turkey 1 med head of cabbage, chopped 1 Cup long grain rice ( I used brown rice) 1 large onion, chopped 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used red and orange) 1 Cup water 1 can petite cut diced tomatoes (I used Italian Seasoned ones) 1 can tomato soup garlic to taste (I added a tad bit of chili powder) salt and pepper to taste
Directions  

In a large pot over medium high heat, combine ground beef or ground turkey, pepper and onion. Saute for 10 minutes, until beef is browned and onion is tender.

Add the cabbage, soup, water, tomatoes, rice, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together well and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until cabbage is at desired tenderness.

* Can put ingredients in crock pot as well.


Number of Servings: 8
Calories: 228.4  (approx)

WOW we loved this recipe. Aaron gobbled down a bowl and let me tell you if my kid likes it then it must be great! I acquired it from Spark people and modified it to fit me. I put all ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook on low temp for 6 hours. Did you know that using your crock pot costs less then .10 cents per hour to run and could be as low as .02! This is sure so much easier then stuffing cabbage...... This one is a keeper!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit My other Blog 'It's All About Entering Giveaways' for current giveaways I have entered!