Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What's Cooking Wednesday 2/24

I have had a sweet tooth the past few days  so I have decided to post some deserts today. Maybe not exactly healthy but oh so yummy!
Fired-Up Peaches and Cream
Ingredients
    4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
    4 medium ripe peaches, sliced
    Pinch ground cinnamon
    4 tablespoons brown sugar
    4 shots whiskey
    2 pints vanilla ice cream
    1 canister whipped cream

Directions
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter, melt and add peaches then season them with cinnamon. Turn up heat to medium-high and cook peaches 3 minutes then add sugar and melt into the butter and peaches. Pull pan off stove, add whiskey, return pan to stove and tip skillet to set pan aflame, or set aflame with a kitchen match. When the flame dies out, scoop some ice cream into dishes, top with peaches and whipped cream and serve.

*TIP* I actually omit the Whiskey as I do not care for the taste.
This is a Rachel Ray recipe  


Cake Mix Cookies
Ingredients
1 box cake mix, any flavor
1 stick butter (or 1/2 cup shortening, but I prefer the butter)
2 eggs


Directions
Make into balls (I use my cookie scooper) and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes (check at about 8, because some cake mixes seem to bake faster than others).  They sort of crackle on top and are pretty soft.  I like to use lemon cake mix and dust with powdered sugar, or use spice cake mix and make little "cakesters" with cream cheese icing in between.

Cheese Cake Tarts
Ingredients
1 box Keebler Waffle Bowls
2 Package 8oz cream cheese, softned
1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp lime or lemon juice
Variety of Toppings ( nuts, granola, fruit, ice cream topping)

Directions
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth.
Mix in milk, vanilla, and lime/lemon juice.
Refrigerate at least one hour or until mixture has thickened.
Top with your favorite toppings. ENJOY!


~TIP~  I used Raspberry liqueur hot fudge. Wished I had added fruit as well! It was sinful!


Head on over to Preparing for our Children's Future to see what she has cooking.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love cake mix cookies! We use to make them a lot! Can hardly wait till my children can make them!

    The peaches sound heavenly! And I love about anything with cheesecake! Lol! I will have to try those cake tarts with granola!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My other Blog 'It's All About Entering Giveaways' for current giveaways I have entered!