Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mac and Cool Review: Dinner times best friend!

So my three year old can not stand hot warm food. He is so extremely temperature sensitive. So dinner time always goes the same way. Me making dinner. Putting his food on a plate and into the freezer for sometimes 6 or 7 minutes. He is hungry and getting impatient. My husband and I are eating cold food.

Well a couple weeks ago my mother-in-law and I were in a Goodwill store. I must say you can find the greatest and cheapest things at Goodwill. I was looking through clothes to see what high label brands I could score and she was looking in housewares. When we were checking out she shows me a box that is Mac and Cool.
 
I looked at the box very skeptical and shrugged saying it was her money. It was new, sealed in the box and was a  whole whooping $1.50! Well needless to say it made it's way into the cupboard and was forgotten about. When we moved this past week I found the dish and threw it in the dishwasher. After washing I put the 1 cup of water in the spout and placed it in my freezer. 

Last night we had spaghetti. In my house this is a disaster waiting to happen. The sauce and meatballs seem to take forever to cool on his plate (even in the freezer) and the adults are waiting forever to eat. Also there always ends up being a hot spot in the food. Once Aaron gets something to hot in his mouth, he is done. He will eat no more for the night. (Anyone want a kid.... ha ha just kidding) Okay so I decided spaghetti would be a perfect test to prove this was just another flop of a kids product to make my life easier.

Boy was I ever WRONG! I placed his noodles and sauce on the bowl and cut it up into bite size pieces. I gave it a few quick stirs with his spoon and touched the food. I just knew it would have to go into the freezer. I was dead wrong; not only was it cool to touch but he gobbled it up and asked for seconds. The same plate cooled his second helping of food.

So as any good blogger I sat down and googled the company. I am please to say the plate brand spanking new from the company is only $5.99! What are they thinking this could be a gold mind. (Have you ever wondered why YOU could not be the one to come up with a killer idea?) I can honestly say I would order these and pay double for the plate. I have to give it to my mother-in-law..... this is an I told you so moment!
Want to order one for yourself then head here!


I was not compensated for this post. I did not receive anything from the company. This is a personally purchased product. The opinion expressed in this post is mine and mine alone. For more information please read my disclosure policy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit My other Blog 'It's All About Entering Giveaways' for current giveaways I have entered!