Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's Cooking Wednesday 2/10

Ok so this week KFC is running a special on their 8 piece family meal deal. I have been in the process of moving this week; so we ate KFC Monday. I had 4 pieces left over and between my wish for spring to come and unpacking I decided to do something hearty but easy tonight. This is sure to be making you think sunny thoughts even though the snow may be piling up!

KFC Chicken Salad

4 pieces of KFC Chicken (I prefer original recipe but any will work. Don't use wings)
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (can use Miracle Whip)
Approx 10 grapes (cut into 8ths or manageable chunks)
Salt (I use a salt blend)
Pepper
Celery Flakes (can use chopped celery)
Crackers or Bread

  • Dice or shred Chicken use breading but take skin out if possible  
  • Add Mayonnaise and Seasoning. Mix well  
  • Add grapes and stir together. Seal and refrigerate at least one hour  
  • Can be used with crackers, on bread (I love mine on Arnold Sandwich Thins) Also works great on salad!
    Total Cost:  $9.50      Total per serving for 4: $2.30

    Head on over to Preparing for our Children's Future to see what she has cooking.

    2 comments:

    1. Yum! I have a Ninja food processer and it suggest using it for chicken salad! i would love to try that sometime!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey I did not think of using my food processor lol

      ReplyDelete

    Visit My other Blog 'It's All About Entering Giveaways' for current giveaways I have entered!