Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's Cooking Wednesday

I have decided to start a weekly special on Wednesday's called What's Cooking Wednesday. I am sorry it is being posted so late this week. School has been closed since Thursday, last week, and let me tell you I HATE snow days. Okay so back to what this series will be. Every Wednesday I will try to post a healthy, time saving, and cost saving meal for a family of four. I would also love to see posts from readers on their own healthy, time saving, and cost saving meal for a family of four. I will try to post these each Wednesday morning but as life can often get in the way.... it may be later.

Teryaki Pork Stir Fry
1 Tray of cubed pork. (I buy these in my managers special bins at my grocery store for about .50 - 1.00)
1 Bag of Stir Fry Veggies (You can get these on sale for .50 or less with coupons)
1/2 cup of Teryaki sauce or glaze (I love the glaze personally, I pay about 2.50 for a bottle that lasts for about 5 meals)
1 cup brown rice (about 1.50 for a bag with about 5 meals)

  1. Cook rice according to directions on bag
  2.  Cut pork into bite sized squares
  3. Brown pork in about 2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (takes about 2 min)
  4. Add thawed bag stir fry veggies and Teryaki Sauce
  5. Cook for 5 min and serve over rice
You can dress this up with any additional items in your pantry. Nuts, ginger, Chinese noodles, etc. Be creative. Also stir fry veggies can come in so many varieties; we love the asparagus one or even the asian with mushrooms.

(I will try to add calories next meal)
Total Cost for Meal: $1.80  Total per person: .45

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit My other Blog 'It's All About Entering Giveaways' for current giveaways I have entered!