Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Whats Cooking Wednesday 6/30

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Ingredients:
1 – 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (preferably the easy release kind).
Peal the sweet potatoes. Cut into strips that are about 1/2 inch wide on each side.
Place the sweet potatoes into a resealable plastic bag. Add oil, salt, paprika and cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
Cook for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, until slightly browned. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm.

Recipe Courtesy of Sarah's Cucina Bella Blog! 

Let me just say yummy yummy yummy! These were fantastic. My husband who is not a big sweet potato eater loved them. I love sweet potatoes just about any way you can cook them but this is the first time I tried them as fries. I served them for dinner with grilled asparagus and cheese burgers. (Note I ate my burger with no bread, added a little BBQ sauce and a tomato slice) I warmed the left over fries in the microwave for lunch the next day with tuna salad and they were still delicious!

Link up your Wednesday Recipe posts here:

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit My other Blog 'It's All About Entering Giveaways' for current giveaways I have entered!