Monday, September 17, 2012

Mommies Lasagna

So have I mentioned I LOVE pinterest before? I love being able to find new recipes without trying hard; and I have to say most of what we have tried has been great! Insert dinner "Mommies Lasagna".

The original recipe (at least where I found it) is link at Being Grown Up, and she calls it Million Dollar Spaghetti. Now let me say, I HATE spaghetti. It was one of those meals we ate 2-3 times a week because I lived with my grandparents. My grandfather was disabled and my grandmother worked long hours at a hospital with little pay, insert a quick easy meal. My husband and kids LOVE spaghetti..... let me just say I was thrilled when I found this recipe. To me though it tastes like a very simple lasagna with half the effort, hence Mommies Lasagna.

The Ingredients are:
1 lb. of Ground Beef
1 can of Spaghetti Sauce
8 oz of Cream Cheese
1/4 cup of Sour Cream
1/2 lb. of Cottage Cheese
Whole Stick of Butter (I omitted this & sprayed pan)
8 oz. of Noodles
Bag of Sharp Chedder Cheese
I also added onion powder, garlic powder, salt, Italian Seasoning,  and a small amount of basil to both the cheese mixture and the sauce. This is NOT in the original recipe but hubby and I do not care for bland food.
Preheat the oven to 350, boil the noodles, and brown your hamburger. While all this is happening mix your sour cream, cottage cheese (will NOT taste like cottage cheese) and cream cheese. Blend good, I used my kitchen aid and added the spices in at this time. After your burger is cooked add your spaghetti sauce to the pan. Spray you 10x13 baking dish, lay your noodles in, cover and spread on the cheese mixture, cover with your sauce, top with your shredded cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes long enough for cheese to melt AND cheese mixture to warm. The original recipe calls for baking without the cheese for 30 minutes then with cheese for  15 but I like to make things simple and since everything is already cooked you can add the steps together to make the dish hot.



Mom tested.... Kid approved. My boys actually said it was the best thing they have ever eaten. (I hope that is indeed a compliment lol)

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit My other Blog 'It's All About Entering Giveaways' for current giveaways I have entered!